6 things you shouldn’t miss @ Direct Booking Summit
#1 Convincing your boss: How to prove the value of new investments
We all want to make the case for new technologies, new marketing initiatives and greater investments. These are the ways to get your budgets approved.
Rob Paterson, CEO, Best Western Hotels & Resorts – Great Britain
Day 1 | 12:10
#2 What hoteliers need to know about Airbnb
- What is Airbnb’s value proposition to hotels?
- Is Airbnb a serious contender against established OTAs?
- Where is Airbnb going next?
go to link Robin Clifford, Territory Manager Homes, Northern Europe, Airbnb
Day 1 | 15:00
#3 Panel discussion -With friends like these, who needs enemies? The state of the hotel-OTA relationship
- What’s the ideal agreement between a hotel and an OTA?
- Three approaches to negotiations
- When to prioritise direct bookings
- The long road to transparency in distribution
Moderator: Michael Simon, Senior Director Distribution, Europe, Marriott International
Panelists: Marta Varela, Area Commercial Director Revenue Strategy, Barceló Hotels & Resorts Satyan Joshi, Hotel Ads Business Leader UK, Google Ludovic Cacciapaglia, Director Distribution Strategy, InterContinental Hotel Group, Erik Tengen, Co-Founder, Oaky
Day 1 | 11:30
#4: Panel discussion – Metasearch in 2018
- How traditional metas are responding to Google’s growth (and what it means for hotels)
- How to make sure you come out on top of the OTAs
- How much is too much? Allocating your meta budget
Moderator: Gopakumar Menon, VP of Revenue and Distribution, Highgate Hotels
Panelists: James Bishop, Vice President Sales, EMEA, SiteMinder Phil Ford, Group Revenue Manager, Firmdale Hotels Adrian Hands, Senior Director, Key Accounts EMEA, TripAdvisor
Day 1 | 10:00
#5: Panel discussion – Improving the relationship between Marketing, Digital and Revenue
- How to remove silos and centralise operations
- Putting direct bookings at the heart of your commercial strategy
- How to make sure you take a holistic view of your costs and results
Moderator: Oliver Geldner, Partner, Revenue & Distribution Expert, Taktikon AB
Panelists: Patty de Gruiter, VP Revenue & Distribution, Europe Hotels Private Collection (EHPC) Sebastian Arnshelm, Director of Revenue Management, Sam Riches, Director of Sales & Marketing, The Curtain
DAY 1 | 09:30
#6: How to stop revenue leakage at your hotel
From underestimating the competition to not managing your parity, there are plenty of opportunities for revenue to slip through the cracks. Join one of the travel technology experts RateGain to find out how to maximise your revenue and avoid common mistakes.
Alejandro Gomez Losada, Sr. Vice President – Sales, Europe & Latin America, RateGain
Day 2 | 10:20
BONUS: The Direct Booking Summit Party
Well, you can’t leave Amsterdam without attending a proper drink right? Make sure you’ll go to the Triptease after party where you will enjoy tasteful drinks, great conversations and the best view of Amsterdam!
Day 1 | 18:30
See you there!