to the GDPR
see The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is around the corner. Many of you have contacted us to be ready for May 25th 2018. To help you with quick overview, we have created this page.
Now is the time to grab yourself a yummy cup of coffee or tea. Find out what we’re doing, and what you need to do to be GDPR compliant with Oaky (and any other data processor you may be using).
You can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.
- Section 1: Quick overview
- Section 2: Oaky’s GDPR Roadmap
- Section 3: What do Oaky customers need to do?
What is Oaky?
Data controller and Data Processor
Data Processing Agreement
Click here to sign our Data Processing Agreement (please download before filling in).
Do my guests need to give opt-in consent to use Oaky?
Oaky will offer templates of emails with informational character to all of its customers.
What do Oaky
customers need to do?
- What do Oaky Customers need to do?
- What are the answers to 5 GDPR questions Oaky customers need to know?
There are three things that you might need to do depending on your situation and jurisdiction. Below are the only impactful changes that we can foresee that might affect you as a result of using Oaky:
“We may share your personal data with third parties offering services to us. An example of such a third party offering services to us is Oaky B.V. We may use the Oaky services to communicate with you and to offer you specific services and upgrades that relate to your stay with us. Oaky acts as a data processor of your personal data on behalf of us, with the purpose of offering the Oaky services to us. We require all third party service providers to respect the security of your personal data, to treat it in accordance with the law and to process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions.”*
*Please note that this text is merely a suggestion and that the
hotels remain responsible for providing adequate information to the data subjects.
2. Sign the Data Processing Agreement (DPA)
The data controller is obliged to sign a DPA with all of its processors. We have prepared this DPA together with our legal counsel to be in compliance with GDPR.
1. Which personal data does Oaky process on behalf of the Customer Accommodation Providers?
2. What is the purpose of the processing activities of Oaky?
3. How long does Oaky story the data for?
4. Which third parties have access to personal data (internal and external)?
5. How is the data protected?
To help you answer these questions, we have created this page: http://oakyapp.com/privacy-policy/.